Thursday, October 19, 2017

Dear Instagram, Send Me Romantic Songs

My relationship with Instagram has come a long way. I used to hate it so much that the day I finally joined was the most hypocritical moment of my life. Truly. And even then, I continued to fight it. But now, I kinda really dig this ever-evolving social media platform, and here's the latest reason why: 

So I was sick in bed two nights ago and just wanted to envelop myself in darkness and good music. Problem is I actually do this a lot and had become somewhat jaded with my jams. So, I decided to ask Instagramspecifically the 150-or-so users who regularly tune into my IG Storiesfor a new soundtrack. I don't know why my first instinct was to request for romantic songs but in regards, I have no regrets. As promised, here is the final playlist with submissions kept anonymous (because I think that's romantic) and songs listed in the order they were submitted (to guarantee weirdness, lol). Catch the links to listen to them through on Youtube/Spotify below, and stay tuned for the next "Dear Instagram, Send Me Songs." Oh yeah, it's totally happening. 


"DEAR INSTAGRAM,SEND ME ROMANTIC SONGS"


1. HIM - Disarm Me (With Your Loneliness)
I could only find a remix on Spotify, sorry.
2. Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You
3. Sebadoh - Willing To Wait
4. La Vie En Rose 
"Edith Piaf or Louis Armstrong."
Personally, I'm a total sucker for the trumpet solo in the latter. 
5. LANY - ILYSB
"The live in Los Angeles version."
I couldn't find this exact version on Spotify, but I thought the stripped version would be the closest. 
6. Julian Casablancas - I’ll Try Anything Once
(early demo of You Only Live Once by The Strokes)
"Not a love song, but a romantic observation on life I guess." Word.
7. Lord Huron - Ends of the Earth
8. Talking Head - This Must Be The Place
9. U2 - With Or Without You
10. Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
11. Coldplay - Shiver
12. Scout Niblett - Kiss
13. Weird Al Yankovic - You Don’t Love Me Anymore
14. Beauty and The Beast
Me: Which version? / Submitter: Original, of course!
15. The Main Ingredient - Let Me Prove My Love To You
16. PLAZA - Reason
17. ONE OK ROCK - Wherever you are
18. Frank Ocean - Pink Matter
"Chill horny song." Many thanks. 
19. John Lennon - Woman
The music video is literal goals. 
20. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
21. Side A - Forevermore
22. Joe Purdy - Mary May & Bobby
23. Sleeping At Last - Turning Pages
24. Santo & Johnny - Sleep Walk



"Dear Instagram, Send Me Romantic Songs" on Youtube (accurate)


"Dear Instagram, Send Me Romantic Songs" on Spotify (slighty compromised)

No comments:

Post a Comment