Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Third Fourth

My Fourth of July spent in San Francisco with my friend and her family gave me so many new experiences. For one thing I met so many new people in such a short period of time. Hopefully, I'll remember all of them and meet them again in the near future because I'd really love to. It was also my first time competing in a corn-on-the-cob eating race (I lost, but did well for a newbie and the only girl!), and my first time lying flat on the street to watch fireworks.

I've experienced a total of three Fourth of July's in America, and oddly enough this one felt the most "family" of them all, despite the fact that I am not related to anybody I spent it with.

I return home in 24 hours. It's sad, but exciting because I know my friend will make my last day here memorable.




No comments:

Post a Comment